Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break Fun--Hauling Dirt and Rocks!










My family just got back from 2 nights and 3 days in the Franklin, NC area. We camped at Standing Indian Campground and it was in the thirties at night!!! My feet were cold both night even with socks. This beautiful flower is Bloodroot and was blooming lots of places.









We had fun at Mason's Mine where you dig your own dirt and sift through it. We were trying to find sapphires. My son found at total of 17 carats worth, my husband found an 8.8 carat one and I, unbelievably, found an 11.93 sapphire!!










I never have such luck and this was found at about 3:30. I was tired and not into hunting any more and it was my last bucket of dirt! I was motivated to go dig two more buckets and try again, needless to say.

The next day we went to a place to where you can legally carry out rocks. They are a beautiful green. We carried out some to put around my flower garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?