Sunday, January 23, 2011

Featured Artist Sunday




Today's featured artist is a real treat to introduce--CLKConcepts. Cheryl is a true artist and has created an original useful product. The Fry Pan Cozy keeps your fry pans from becoming scratched. Read on for how this was discovered!


A few years ago, I heard about the dangers of using damaged nonstick cookware; and that it is advised to replace nonstick cookware which is scratched because the nonstick finish can flake off and be incorporated into food during the cooking process. (Also, you should never heat a nonstick pan to a high heat, the fumes can be toxic!)


I always used wooden utensils and couldn't figure our why my pans were gettng scratched up. I realized that my pans were getting damaged when storing them stacked one on top of the other in order to save on cabinet space. The pan manufactures recommend placing paper towels between pans during storage, but I came up with a better solution that I call the Fry Pan Cozy.

Since this is a new product that no one would be searching for, I started to make other products such as aprons, placemats, table runners, etc. in order to draw people to my Esty store (which I started in May 2010). Then, customers would discover my Fry Pan Cozys. I have gotten great feedback from people who have purchased the Fry Pan Cozys, and I am now also having fun making the aprons and other items.


It's such a great feeling to have someone purchase an item that you crated and made yourself.
I've been a health insurance agent for many years, and with my Etsy store I've been able to use my creative side that had been put on the back burner for too long, (so to speak--great pun!) and it gets me away from all the paperwork with insurance!

In five years I would love to be able to grow my Etsy business to the point where I could do it on a fulltime basis. (Yes!)
Visit CLKConcepts and find your favorite item. Post it here to share. Better yet, how many of my readers knew about the dangers that Cheryl mentioned? Buy your Fry Pan Cozys today!
Thank you, Cheryl, for talking with me today.



4 comments:

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?