Sunday, January 30, 2011

Featured Artist Sunday




Welcome to Featured Artist Sunday--and today's winner is Lucy Ingels !!! Round of Applause!!!




Lucy tells me that she have been crafting forever it seems and her style has evolved over the years.




"My favorite part of creating is the brainstorming process that precedes every piece I do. So much thought goes into each piece because I create the art around a saying or proverb that has inspired me."


Words are so important to me because they truly have the power to give hope.


I also love bringing together all of the various elements I use.



There are so many beautiful materials available, both new and vintage, and it gives me great pleasure to figure out how to make them work cohesively.


I work on canvas paper and watercolor paper in a variety of mediums that include acrylic, watercolor, colored pencil, watercolor pencil, ink and anything else that intrigues me.



Whimsical embellishments and doo-dads are added to make each one of a kind piece.






In five years, I hope to be a published author/illustrator who continues to live a creative life! And Lucy, you are off to a great start with your fabulous artwork!


Let's give Lucy's shop some love! Post your favorite here and/or choose a saying that has inspired you and tell me about it!

2 comments:

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?