Saturday, February 26, 2011

Featured Artist Sunday--Crystal Celebration


Today's Featured Artist is CrystalCelebration. Let's read and learn about her fabulous craft!

When did you get started in your craft?

I started a little over a year ago when I left my job to stay home with my two children. I love spending my days reading and playing with my boys. After they went to sleep I would remove the play dough from under my nails ( which is a skill in itself) and enjoy some adult craft time.


I started trying different crafts with different materials. I worked with card stock, vinyl, etching creams, and swarovski crystals. I love them all but there is something about the crystals that just puts a smile on my face. There is nothing more adult than hundreds of glistening Swarovski crystals.



What is your favorite part of your chosen craft?



I love knowing the pieces I create will be part of such an important day for my customer. My sand ceremony sets represent unity in couples and newly combined families. My cake toppers will be present in photos of the bride and groom's first bite of cake. I always hope they will look at the items I made for their wedding years from now and remember how happy they were on that special day.

In five years, what would you like to be doing?
I hope in 5 years to have expanded my company and be able to employ other mothers looking for a way to earn an income while staying home with their children. I am currently holding a giveaway on my facebook fanpage www.facebook.com/CrystalCelebration .


Once I hit 200 fans I will randomly choose a winner who will receive a 5 inch tall metal monogram cake topper covered in Crystal Swarovski crystals.

Wow, what an amazing craft!! It really is a special memento for brides and grooms to have at their special day. Show Jocelyn's shop some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?