Sunday, February 13, 2011

~~Featured Artist Sunday~~



Featured artist Sunday is here again and the lucky winner is grimmlynn.

Here is Jeni's story.


When did you get started in your craft?



Well, it's not really a craft. I have a shop full of supplies that are still looking for their purpose. Many of my items are vintage while some are only a decade (or less) old. I never intended to be a supply shop. I really didn't. Then one day about 2 years ago I discovered the beauty of estate sales and thrift stores. The next thing I know I had nearly filled my studio full with fabric, lace and buttons. I started looking for vintage sheets with cool patterns that were damaged. I would cut them up so they were still usable as fabric pieces. I realized all these items still had a lot of life in them. I knew these treasures had been locked away for far too long. I wanted to showcase them and let others see their true potential. I wanted people who were looking for unique supplies to be able to come see my items and purchase things that aren’t available at their local fabric or craft shop.

What is your favorite part of your chosen craft?

I am a very sentimental person. When I send off a yard of fabric or button collection it gives me a real sense of satisfaction knowing these things are finally out in the creative world perhaps meeting their destiny as a scarf, accessory or button jewelry. I know that must sound so corny, but it's true. I also love seeing what people have created with supplies from my shop. That absolutely makes my day!

In five years, what would you like to be doing?

In 5 years, I hope to find time to open a shop for my other true passion, needle felting. I am certain I will still be looking for amazing supplies for my shop, too.


Wow, that is so sweet, Jeni, giving vintage items a new life. Thanks for sharing.
Now let's give her shop some love!! How many of you need special, well-loved, and previously hidden items?

Comment here if you like using supplies like what grimmlynn offers!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this great article about my shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great interview! I love that Jeni sees each item as a treasury meant to be used. As a lover of vintage, I can only imagine how many lovelies are out there waiting for their destination. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done business with Jeni and think she's as much a treasure as the items in her shop. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, Jeni is just as sweet and sincere as she appears in the article. And she's 100% committed to customer satisfaction. Her shop is a great source for buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a frequent customer at Jeni's Etsy shop, I can attest to the wonderful buttons, lace and fabric that she offers. Jeni never disappoints.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeni Stocks the most amazing buttons and I have purchased from her in the past, I love to find things in her store that I can't find here in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. A terrific interview! I think it's wonderful that Jeni rescues items, like the old sheets and such, that may otherwise be destined for a landfill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You for all your comments!! Let's keep supporting each other and keep items out of the landfill!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely feature! Congrats, Jeni.

    I am a repeat customer. I love the concept and hte products. Jeni has the most wonderful items in her shop. :)

    ~ miss chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! I am a new follower. I found you through Handmadeology on Etsy. Very nice blog!
    I hope you will follow me back. http://fruiltoopgirlslife.blogspot.com
    Thanks! cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?