Monday, March 21, 2011

Featured Artist Sunday, but wait, Today is Monday!!







My features have taken a spring break, but now I am back, although one day late, to posting about fabulous shops who have hearted me. This week's winner is ... drumroll...flowersbyljp!

Read on for her fascinating story-
I got started pressing flowers about four years ago. I had quit my job to care for my elderly mother full-time and had lots of time to get creative. We both loved gardening and flowers so she would help me start plants from seeds.


I was browsing the crafting section of books at the library and found one on how to press flowers. So I began pressing flowers from my garden in phone books, then using them to create cards and bookmarks or to decorate picture frames.

My favorite part is that I've tried several types of crafting and keep looking for new ways to be creative.


I've done French beading (making flowers by stringing tiny seed beads onto wire and twisting the wire into flower shapes), make beaded jewelry, beaded bobby hair pins, and vintage postage stamp magnets.

In five years, I'd like to be done de-stashing the vintage postage stamps, linens, and purses that I inherited from my parents and aunt and be listing only my crafts on my Etsy shop!



And hold on to your hats: Laurie, wants to give some lucky person a choice of one item FREE from her shop.


Now that deserves a round of applause!! Check back here on Friday to see who wins a free trip to flowersbyljp!!
Click on any picture or Laurie's store name to go and visit her wonderful store!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet flowersbyljp ~ thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely feature. I love the hair clips in flowersbyljp, so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Simply Smitten!! I flipped a coin (heads = the first commenter, tails = the second commenter) and she's the winner of any item her little heart desires from my Etsy shop, flowersbyljp!
    Send me a convo message through the "contact seller" button on my shop page with your choice and your shipping address.
    Thanks to Pam for including me this week on her blog!
    Laurie, Flowers by LJP on Etsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?