Sunday, April 10, 2011

Featured Artist Sunday!!




My featured artist today is all the way from Istanbul, Turkey!! Welcome to Acya!! She was very eager to share information about her talent and personal life.


She is 35 years old, has been married nearly 8 years and has an almost 3 year old daughter.


She learned to knit and crochet from my mother when I was 6 or 7 years old.. That's often how the skill is passed down. Therefore, I have nearly 29 years of experience in knit & crochet work.


Professionally, also known as making money, she has been knitting and crocheting the last 2 1/2 years..


Before that I was knitting & crocheting for myself, and my friends as a gifts.


After Oyku, my daughter, was born and to get rid of postpartum depression; I started to search for an online shop and I met with Etsy :)


My first favorite part for knit & crochet "go-off"part because it means my creative design is finished. "When I am working the design is in my mind. I don't use pattern ( usually )."


Therefore when I started my etsy shop, only my dreams, my love, and enthusiasm for knitting helped me become better at my skill.


My second favorite part is "feedback" from customers.

"I design an item with LOVE and care + best quality materials + excellent customer service = HAPPY & returning customer." Well said Ayca!!


In five years, I plan to still be a good mom, to still be a good wife and to still be a healthy female!!

Great Plan! Meanwhile in my store, I will spread my name and designs worldwide--WATCH out world!! Here comes Acya. Now ladies and gentlemen, Help boost Acya's worldwide reach by going to her shop and finding your favorite item!!



2 comments:

  1. I went to check out her shop and found her already in my favorites! :) Wonderful interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it ironic how that works, Smitten!! YOu still like someone even if it's been months!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?