Saturday, April 9, 2011

I learned how to cut fabric fast...and a whole lot more!!





I am working on a custom order journal. The customer wants fabric chips which I agree I can add.


Well, I'm feeling a little rushed as I have just about a month to complete the job. So I remember that I can use a rotary cutter to chop the fabric up fast.


However, I haven't used it for 10 years and it's harder than I think, so I go and buy a new blade at a fabric shop. That works like a charm. I am whizzing through the fabric and within a square foot of finishing, when I roll over my finger. I say ouch and start to continue cutting when I see red at the end of my finger.


I cut a huge chunk of my finger tip off (It was left in the blade, ewww!) I spent the next 15 minutes trying to get the bleeding to stop.


After about 8 different kinds of bandaids and lots of Kleenex, the bleeding did stop. Now I have a peg for my pointer finger to type with.:=)



And you can see that I finished cutting all the fabric, and I maght add that there is no red on the pieces.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! Those blades are so incredibly sharp! I hope that your finger is feeling better... but great job getting the fabric all cut! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ow ow ow OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smitten--Yes, I found out that there is a guard on one side. OF course the way I started using it was cutting much better.

    Amanda--yes, advil helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?