Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cost Savings on Building card display


Hi, I been hard at work building/creating a card display out of found materials from my art room and around the house. I am using Crayola Sidewalk Chalk containers.

First, I had to learn how to cut plastic, which I did on YouTube. With a soldering iron, I flattened the heating element. Next, I spray painted the containers with a combination of paints I had on hand. So far, no cost involved, just time.

Now my husband is involved in the making of a tiered stand. We went to Lowe's and bought lattice and 3 4" by 4' boards as shelves. Cost-around $18.
Bob has created a tiered support and carved the shelves so that they steady the sides. He just came back with hinges so that the whole unit folds neatly. $10

For the shelves, I have used velcro to steady the containers, which we also had around the house. He has also used wood which we have had on hand.

Next installment--I'll show you the finished product.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?