Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chopping, Cooking, Canning


Like the title says, I've been chopping, cooking, canning tomatoes to make chunky salsa. Bob, my husband and Ashby, my son, wanted chunky thick salsa, so that was what I was working toward.
For two days, that's what I've done for about 3-4 hours. Pioneer women were tough to cook and can all the food for the winter. The counter is loaded with 2 days worth of salsa making. The first recipe had 4 jalapenos and 6 pablono peppers. I made 4 quarts yesterday. Today with a different recipe, I used 4 pablono peppers, 2 cayenne and 2 bell peppers and lime juice, I made 5 quarts and 1 pint.

Whew, I know it will taste good in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?