Sunday, August 23, 2009

Great Papermaking Weekend

I have had a great papermaking weekend!! It really is the last weekend before I start teaching school again. I'm not ready or excited about it because I have loved making paper so much this summer. I feel like I have made more than I ever have!! I finished some paper for a client that has their business logo on the front. I'm totally psyched that I accomplished it. When I have permission, I will post pictures of it here.

Then I made paper out of oriental bittersweet leaves as a freebie for the Western North Carolina Alliance. The staff works to pull, cut, and kill this invasive plant from our National Forests. It has been a big hit!! I didn't take any photos of these :-(

Lastly, I am thinking about featuring another artist on my blog. I'm not sure how many times per week I could do this, while returning to teaching again. Let me know if you'd be interested in collaborating.

Thanks for reading~!

4 comments:

  1. What a cool thing to do. I've always wanted to learn to make paper, it's on my to-do list :)

    I'm looking for someone to feature on my blog and I'd love to feature your work.

    Justine
    http://justnibbles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! I love to hear your comments
    www.paintingpam.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-you make some really interesing paper! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog-I'm following you, too~can't wait to see some more great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?