Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Time Travelers Wife

I went to the movie The Time Travelers Wife with some girl friends because we had read the book. The main female character, Claire Abshire, is an artist and papermaker!! I loved it. The movie had one clip/scene where Claire was in her studio. The first part showed her scooping up pulp and throwing it into a hidden machine and then the noise of blending. It showed her holding a mould and deckle, then it showed her pressing it and then the paper laying on the blanket. Also in the studio shot was a hand book binding press. I just loved it but I bet half of the people watching didn't understand what it was.

Oh, well, you can see I'm obsessed with papermaking. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?