Monday, August 3, 2009

Gift Card Holders are in Process


A big thank you to people who have posted support and new ideas for the gift card holders. I want to take a minute to explain about papermaking. This morning, I was actually making the sheets of paper which are made while wet. The pulp in floating in a lot of water.
I had fun mixing leaves glitter, chunks of colored pulp, the money shreds, and other random things into the pulp.

Next, I pressed the paper with a hydraulic press to compress the fibers.

And finally, I have the sheets in my drying press which keeps each sheet flat as drying. 24 hours later, the paper will be dry and I'll be able to start folding into cards, or envelope holders. I made a few pieces in the shape of an envelope which I thought some people might understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments, well, really, I love to hear what you have to say!!

Journals

Valentines

What kind of seeds would you buy in a handmade paper card?